Blog Single Post
25th and 26th April Current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
1# RBI exits National Housing Bank and NABARD, sells stake to Govt for Rs 1,470 crore
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has exited the National Housing Bank (NHB) and the National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD), by selling its entire stakes to government for Rs 1,450 crore and Rs 20 crore, respectively, making them fully government-owned now.
- RBI has sold its stake in NHB on March 19, while it sold the stake in Nabard on February 26.
- With this, the government of India now holds 100% stake in both the financial institutions.
2# First Indian Platform for Wholesale Cryptocurrency Trading
- BuyUcoin, which is the second oldest Cryptocurrency Exchange in India, announces the launch of a new and unique platform for wholesale cryptocurrency trading which allows its users to trade on a large scale with low price fluctuations. The platform currently works on free trading model i.e. charges zero fee on any trade.
- This new feature introduced by BuyUcoin will help to improve the liquidity of cryptocurrency in Indian market and lead to quicker transaction, better prices and market stability.
3# Kotak Mahindra Bank is the first debit card based authentication solution on NPCI’s e-Mandate Application Program Interface platform
- Kotak Mahindra Bank is the first debit card based authentication solution on NPCI’s (National Payments Corporation of India) e-Mandate (electronic mandate) API (Application Program Interface) platform first ever Destination Bank to go live with both Net Banking and Debit Card-based e-mandate authentication.
- The main objective of this initiative is to enable Kotak customers to create electronic mandates (similar to the former eNACH with Aadhaar + OTP) (eNACH- Electronic National Automated Clearing House; OTP- One Time Password) via both debit card and net banking provision.
- As API based e-mandates are customer-friendly, fast, frictionless and paperless, the initiative would help in making its customers’ lives hassle free for handling recurring payments.
4# World Malaria Day observed on April 25
- World Malaria Day is an international event observed every year on 25 April, to spread awareness about malaria disease globally and to promote efforts to prevent malaria around the world .
- The theme of World Malaria Day 2019 -: “Zero malaria starts with me.”
5# Karnam Sekar appointed as Indian Overseas Bank’s new MD & CEO
- Dena Bank’s former Managing Director Karnam Sekar has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Overseas Bank.
- Sekar is likely to take up the position from July 1, 2019. At Indian Overseas Bank, he will take over the charge from R Subramania kumar, who had played a pivotal role in initiating measures to turn around the bank, which has been reporting loses owing to high Non-Performing Assets.
6# RBI is the first Apex bank in Asia-Pacific to start interest rate easing cycle
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific region to have initiated explicit interest rate easing cycle by cutting the policy rate back-to-back in the last two monetary policy reviews in 2019, According Fitch Ratings.
- The monetary policy committee led by Shaktikanta Das cut the repo rate by 0.25 percentage point in February 2019 and again by 0.25 percentage point in March 2019, taking the total repo rate down to 6 per cent, the lowest in about nine years since 2010.
7 #World Intellectual Property Day Observed on April 26
- World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD) is celebrated every year on 26 April around the world to promote the importance of intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright) in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- World Intellectual Property Day ( WIPD)-2019 Theme is “Reach Gold-Intellectual Property (IP) And Sports“.
8# Benny Antony conferred with National IP Award
- Benny Antony, Joint Managing Director, the Kochi-based Arjuna Natural Ltd, has been conferred with the National Intellectual Property Award for 2019 in the category of Top Individual for Patents and Commercialization.
- Along with the National IP Award, the Intellectual Property Office India and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) have jointly conferred the ‘WIPO Medal for Inventors’ also to Antony.
9# Salim Khan, Madhur Bhandarkar, Helen felicitated with Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award
- The prestigious Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award 2019 was awarded to National Award-winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, popular scriptwriter SalimKhan and dancing diva Helen.
- The event was organized by Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan charitable trust, Pune.
10#Pakistan’s Cyril Almeida named IPI’s World Press Freedom Hero
Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida, known for his courageous and hard-hitting coverage of civil-military tensions in the South Asian country, has been named as the International Press Institute’s 2019 World Press Freedom Hero, the press freedom watchdog says.
11# Shooter Divyansh secures Olympic berth by winning a silver in ISSF World Cup
- India’s Divyansh Singh Panwar secured the country’s fourth Olympic quota place in shooting by winning a silver in the ISSF World Cup in Beijing .
- This is India’s fourth 2020 Tokyo Olympic quota after Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela (10m air rifle women) and Saurabh Choudhary (10m Air Pistol men) had secured berths in the earlier World Cups and last year’s World Championship.