Blog Single Post
24th April Current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
Category : Current Affairs
According to BofAML report the RBI has $43 billion in excess reserves
- Indranil Sen Gupta, chief India economist at BofAML notified that RBI maintains higher contingency reserves as a percentage of its total book compared to its peers in Brazil, Russia and South Africa, thus a lower cap will bring in more funds.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML), the excess reserves that RBI holds could be up to Rs.3 lakh crore ($43 billion) or 1.5% of the GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
- The BofAML report stated that capping overall reserves at 20% from 25.5% will release Rs. 1.96 lakh crore and there is no specific hindrance which would deter RBI from transferring the money to government.
The National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated every year in India on 24th April.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj commemorates the National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April 2019 .
- The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that came into force with effect from 24th April, 1993 has vested constitutional status on Panchayati Raj institutions.
- This date thus marks a defining moment in the history of decentr- alization of political power to the grassroots level. The impact of the 73rd Amendment in rural India is very visible as it has changed power equations irreversibly. Accordingly, the Government of India decided in consultation with the States to celebrate 24th April as National Panchayati Raj Day.
- The commemoration is being anchored by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. The National Panchayati Raj Day (NPRD) is being celebrated on 24 April since 2010.
AIR, Publication Division & Children’s Film Society of India given Swacchta Pakhwada Awards
- All India Radio, Publication Division and Children’s Film Society of India were given Swacchta Pakhwada Awards-2019 in New Delhi.
- Secretary in the Information and Broadcasting Ministry Amit Khare gave away the awards. Director General of All India Radio F. Sheheryar and Director General (News) Ms. Ira Joshi received the Award for All India Radio.
- Press Council of India, Press Information Bureau and BECIL were also mentioned during the award ceremony for their efforts during the Swacchta Pakhwada.
FIEO Signs MoU With Welingkar Institute of Management For Supporting Startups in Exports
- To attract new entrepreneurs in exports and bridge the gap of availability of qualified skilled manpower in Exim trade, Federation on Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) signed a MoU with Prin. L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, (WeSchool) Mumbai to launch a Post Graduate Programme in Foreign Trade Management (PGP-FTM) at Mumbai .
- The MoU, an Industry-Academia partnership, aims to jointly develop and deliver the Post Graduate Programme in Foreign Trade Management (PGP-FTM) which shall endeavour to develop the human capital for meeting the growing demand in International Trade ecosystem
Calcutta Sports Journalists’ Club honours Jhulan with best sportsperson award
- Jhulan Goswami, world’s leading wicket-taker in women’s one-day internationals, was awarded the Best Sportsperson’ award by the Calcutta Sports Journalists’ Club .
- The CSJS also honoured Bengal’s Ranji Trophy winning captain and former national selector Sambaran Banerjee and former India winger Sukumar Samajpati with the Lifetime Achievement’ awards.
Asian Wrestling Championships 2019: Bajrang Punia won gold medal in 65kg Weight Category
- Punia defeated Kazakhstan’s Sayatbek Okassov 12-7 in a nail-biting 65kg men’s free style .
- World number one Bajrang Punia logged 10 points in a row in the gold medal bout to reclaim his Asian Championship crown, while Praveen Rana settled for silver as India ended the first day with three medals .
IPL 2019 final shifted from Chennai to Hyderabad
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to shift the Indian Premier League final on May 12 from Chennai to Hyderabad.
- The venue for the IPL final was changed after the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) failed to get requisite permission from the government to open three closed stands .
- Defending champions Chennai Super Kings still have a chance to play Qualifier 1 at home if they finish among the top two teams in the league, the Eliminator (May 8) and Qualifier 2 (May 10) have been shifted to Visakhapatnam .
Putin Unveils World’s Longest Nuclear Submarine at Shipyard Ceremony
- President Vladimir Putin has unveiled a submarine capable of carrying six thermonuclear warheads ahead of its deployment in 2020-2021.
- Russia’s naval submarine called “Belgorod” will be the world’s longest submarine ever built, measuring 184 meters, The Barents Observer has estimated. The Belgorod will be able to carry six underwater “Poseidon” drones, the state-run TASS news agency reported.
Puranik Yogendra, becomes first Indian to win an election in Japan
- 41-year-old Yogendra Puranik aka Yogi, becomes the first Indian to win an election in Japan.
- Yogendra has been elected to Tokyo’s Edogawa Ward assembly.
- Edogawa Ward has the highest number of Indian residents among Tokyo’s 23 wards with 4,300 or so Indian nationals registered, accounting for more than 10 per cent of Indians living in Japan