Blog Single Post
17th and 18th April Current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
Category : Current Affairs
ADB Approved USD 3 billion in sovereign loans to India in 2018
- ADB committed to provide USD 3 billion in sovereign loans to India in 2018, the highest level of assistance since sovereign operations began in the country in 1986, said the annual report of multilateral lending agency.
- In all, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), owned by 68 member countries, committed a total of USD 3.88 billion, including sovereign loans and co-financing during the year ended December 2018
- Head Quarter -: Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Chairman -: Takehikonakao.
- Establishment -: 19 December 1966; 52 years ago.
Mithali Raj Became goodwill ambassador for Street Child Cricket World Cup
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj has been named the goodwill ambassador of Team India at the Street Child Cricket World Cup (SCCWC) .
- Mithali Raj , alongside Saurav Ganguly and Rajasthan Royals, joins in supporting the team as they gear up for the final match at Lords, just ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup in May this year.
RedBus appoints Mahendra Singh Dhoni as brand ambassador
- Bus ticketing platform redBus said it has appointed cricket icon MS Dhoni as its brand ambassador.
- The cricketer will appear in a hockey player avatar in his first cameo for the brand, slated to be launched soon.
- Dhoni’s brand endorsement deals can be in the range of ₹ 3-10 crore.
ICC partners with UNICEF to deliver One Day for Children at Mens Cricket World Cup 2019
- The ICC Cricket for Good, in partnership with UNICEF, has announced ‘One Day for Children’ campaign, bringing together one billion cricket fans to help build a better world for children.
- OneDay4Children will use the power and reach of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 to help children learn play and be healthy.
- The money raised will support UNICEF’s work for children in cricket playing nations across the world.
- The campaign will climax at the England vs India match at Edgbaston on June 30. The OneDay4Children match will be special, with the players, the sell-out crowd and global audience all playing a part in the celebrations.
Supreme Court banned mining along Kaziranga National Park
- The Supreme Court has banned all mining activities along the Kaziranga National Park and catchment area of rivers originating in Karbi Anglong Hills in Assam.
- A bench comprising Justices Arun Mishra and Deepak Gupta issued a notice to the Assam government and sought its reply within three weeks.
new executive director Of PNB
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)appointed Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi as the Executive Director of the bank.
- Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi joined PNB as a management trainee in 1985.
- He is equipped with an experience of 34 years in the banking career and is a certified associate member of Indian Institute of Bankers. In the past, he had worked with Dena Bank in the capacity of the Executive Director.
- CEO Of Pnb -: sunil mehta.
- Head Quarter -: New Delhi.
Fincare Small Finance Bank Awarded the Celent Model Bank 2019 Award
- Fincare Small Finance Bank (SFB)honoured with the prestigious Celent Model Bank 2019 Award in Financial Inclusion category, for ‘Redesigning Lending to Reach Small Businesses’.
- The award recognizes LAP (Loans against Property) D.Lite, which is a tab-based solution designed and developed in-house by Fincare SFB for instant underwriting of loans against property targeted at micro and small enterprises.
- The Award was announced on its 12th anniversary in 2019 and was organized by Celent in New York .
World Haemophilia Day 17th April 2019
- Every 17 April World Haemophilia Day is recognised worldwide to increase awareness of haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. This is a critical effort since with increased awareness comes better diagnosis and access to care for the millions who remain without treatment.
- World Haemophilia Day was started in 1989 by the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) which chose to bring the community together on April 17 in honour of WFH founder Frank Schnabel’s birthday.
- April 17, 2019, will mark the 30th World Hemophilia Day.
- On World Haemophilia Day we celebrate the theme of Reaching out – connect to your community.
Google’s first artificial intelligence lab in Africa opened in Ghana.
- Google’s first artificial intelligence lab in Africa opened in Ghana. The Internet tech giant aims to provide researchers with the necessary tools to build products that can solve Africa’s problems in every field, particularly in health and agriculture.
- Google describes AI as “an area of computer science that emphasises the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans to solve real-world problems. Problems that have remained unsolved for generations.”
IDRBT sets up 5G Lab for banking, financial sector
- The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), an arm of Reserve Bank of India, has launched a 5G Use Cases Lab for banking and financial sector.
- The 5G technology, along with blockchain, will be progressively adopted by banks, he said, adding: `“There is a need to focus exclusively on 5G and develop its use cases which will be taken up by this lab,” Ramasastri said. Amit Yadav, Joint Secretary, Department Of Telecommunications, Government of India said 5G had already arrived in the world and the department had already launched test beds for 5G use in the academia in Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore to develop 5G for Indian use.
- The use of 5G will change a range of technologies and applications including point of sale machines in the banking sector which were now using 2G .
- IDRBT Head Quarter-: Hyderabad.
Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific Congress 2019 held in New Delhi
- The 4th Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific 2019 Congress is being organised by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability and hosted by South Delhi Municipal Corporation on 15th to 17th of April 2019 in New Delhi, India.
- It will offer cities & regions from Asia-Pacific a variety of innovative solutions that build resilience to climate change at the subnational level.
- The event will offer a combination of high-level plenaries and technical sessions on the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), and the New Urban Agenda of 2016, while at the same time bringing together experts and practitioners who will share their experiences and encourage cities to take actions on resilience .
Saudi Arabia to host G20 leaders’ summit in November 2020
- Saudi Arabia will host the annual G20 leaders‘ summit on November 21-22, 2020, in its capital, Riyadh, the Saudi press agency (SPA) said.
- “Saudi Arabia is fully committed to the G20’s objectives and to the stability and prosperity of the international economic system,” it reported on Wednesday.
- The G20 is made up of 19 of the world’s biggest economies, as well as the European Union. It formed in 1999 to discuss policy matters and financial stability.
- Japan will host this year’s G20 summit in Osaka, which will be held June 28-29, as well as ministerial meetings in eight cities.
ETMONEY BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES APP TO INTEGRATE WITH UPI
- ETMONEY India’s largest app for financial services has integrated with Unified Payment Interface (UPI) as a payment method. The reason for this is to double its monthly user base by the end of 2019.
- This integration will simplify the mutual fund payment for millions of ETMONEY users.
- UPI is an instant real-time payment system developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) which facilitates inter-bank transactions .
Nepal and Sri Lanka Launch Their First Satellites Using US Rocket
- Two of India’s neighbours, Sri Lanka and Nepal, have marked their entry in to space with the launch of their first ever satellites from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia’s East Shore, United States.
World Heritage Day being observed on 18th April
- World Heritage Day- The day is celebrated every year to promote the cultural heritage across the world. The theme of this year is Rural Landscapes .
- International Council on Monuments and Sites, ICOMOS in 1982, suggested that 18th April be celebrated as the International Day for Monuments and Sites and UNESCO approved the proposal the next year during its 22nd General Conference.
- Head quarter of UNESCO : -Paris, France.
- Director-General of UNESCO :-Audrey Azoulay.