Blog Single Post
12th and 13th April current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
Category : Current Affairs
Supreme Court order on Electoral Bond
- The Supreme Court has directed all political parties to furnish receipts of electoral bonds and details of identity of donors in a sealed cover to the Election Commission by 30th May .
- The order was passed on a plea of an NGO which challenged the validity of the scheme and sought that either the issuance of electoral bonds be stayed or names of donors be made public to ensure transparency in the poll process.
Forbes World’s Best Bank Survey
- As per Forbes World’s Best Bank survey. In the first edition of this survey, Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to measure the best banks in 23 countries. HDFC Bank emerged as India’s No 1 bank.
- It was a unique survey as it did not measure financial performance, ignoring balance sheets and P&L statements in favour of customer opinion .
Abu Dhabi International Book Fair
- The UAE has announced that India will be the Guest of Honour country at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair, ADIBF 2019, to be held at the end of April 2019.
- The fair aims to highlight the UAE’s rich heritage, showcasing its authenticity and modernity, as well as its cultural and literary
PM Narendra Modi conferred Russia’s highest state decoration
- Russia announced that it had honoured Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the Order of St Andrew the Apostle, the highest order of the Russian Federation, for promoting partnership and friendly relations between the two countries.
- The Order of St Andrew the Apostle is the highest As well as the oldest state decoration of Russia. The honour is awarded to prominent statesmen and public figures, eminent representatives of science, culture, the arts and various industries for exceptional services.
Hong Kong’s Stock Market Overtakes Japan To Be World’s 3rd Largest
- Hong Kong’s equity market has overtaken Japan to be the world’s third largest in value, behind only the U.S. and mainland China.
- Hong Kong’s market capital was $5.78 trillion, compared with $5.76 trillion for Japan, according to data compiled by Bloomberg based on where primary securities are listed.
Jean Michel Lapin Announced As Haiti’s New Prime Minister
- President Jovenel Moise announced that Jean Michel Lapin will be the new prime minister of Haiti.
- It is French-speaking Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country.
- Haiti Capital: Port-au-Prince, Currency: Haitian gourde.
Gargi Kaul Appointed Secretary of Defence Finance
- In a bureaucratic reshuffle, the Centre has appointed Gargi Kaul as Secretary, Defence Finance.
- Gargi Kaul is a 1984-batch officer of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS). Kaul was earlier Financial Advisor, Defence Services in the Defence Ministry.
- Note:–Sanjay Mitra is the present Defence Secretary.
The International Day of Human Space Flight was observed across the world on April 12, 2019
- The International Day of Human Space Flight was observed across the world on April 12, 2019.
- The day celebrates the anniversary of the first ever human space flight undertaken by Yuri Gagarin, a Soviet Union citizen .
- Gagarin carried out Vostok 1 space flight on April 12, 1961, making one orbit around the Earth.