Blog Single Post
10th And 11th april current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
President Ram Nath Kovind launched ‘Veer Parivar App’
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is celebrating 54th Shaurya Divas on 9th april 2019. President Ramnath Kovind paid tribute to the martyrs in New Delhi’s National Police Memorial on this occasion. He also launched the ‘Veer parivar’ mobile app.
- This app will show the benefits to the martyrs‘ families. Not only this, any problem related to family members will be diagnosed through this app
How Google’s GPay is working without permission: Delhi HC Ask to RBI
- The Delhi High Court asked the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday that Google’s mobile payment app, GPay, is offering financial transactions without requisite authority from it.
- Google Pay (GPay) was operating as a payments system provider in violation of the Payments and Settlements Act as it does not figure in RBI’s list of authorised ‘payment systems operators’ released on March 20, 2019.
Karnam Sekar may join IOB, R A Sankara Narayanan Canara Bank
Dena Bank CEO Karnam Sekar is likely to join Chennai-based Indian Overseas Bank, while R A Sankara Narayanan, CEO, Vijaya Bank, is likely to take charge of Canara Bank in Bengaluru.
SUN Group chairman Vikramjit Sahney is new president of ICC India
SUN Group Chairman Vikramjit Singh Sahney elected as the new president of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – India. The chamber would work with the government to promote India’s external trade.
Google’s drone delivery service launches in Canberra
Google parent Company Alphabet has beaten Amazon to launch World’s first commercial drone delivery businesses. Alphabet made its first delivery in Canberra, Australia after getting approval from the country’s civil aviation authority.
Benjamin Netanyahu Has Won Israeli National Election
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has won the Israeli national election, securing a record fifth term in office despite running neck-and-neck with his challenger Benny Gantz.
- With 97% of the votes counted, neither of the candidates’ parties had captured a ruling majority, but Mr. Netanyahu was clearly in a strong position to form a coalition government with other right-wing factions that have backed him.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu.
visas issued by pakistan to Sikh pilgrims was reflective of the reverence attached to Baisakhi
- The Pakistan High Commission said it has issued visas to 2,200 Sikh pilgrims from India to facilitate their participation in the annual Baisakhi celebrations from April 12 to 21.
- Under a framework of Indo-Pak protocol on visits to religious shrines, a large number of Sikh pilgrims from India visit Pakistan every year. Similarly, Pakistani pilgrims also visit India.
- During their visit to Pakistan, the yatrees would visit the holiest shrines of Panja Sahib, Nankana Sahib, and Kartarpur Sahib.
Virat Kohli & Smriti Mandhana Named Wisden Leading Cricketers of the Year
- Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli and women’s cricketer Smriti Mandhana were named the Leading Cricketers in the World in the 2019 edition of the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack published on Tuesday.
- Kohli has won the honour for an unprecedented third year in a row while it’s the first time Smriti has won the honour. Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan was named the Leading T20 cricketer for the second year in a row.
UK, European Union agree to extend Brexit until 31st October
- The UK and the European Union have agreed to extend Brexit until October 31. The decision was taken at an emergency meeting in Brussels yesterday where the EU leaders agreed to offer British Prime Minister Theresa May a six-month extension.
- Accepting the offer, Ms May said the UK would still aim to leave the EU as soon as possible. The extension is flexible, meaning Britain can leave once its withdrawal deal is ratified in the Parliament. However, if it stays beyond 22nd May, the country will likely be required to participate in EU elections .
K Siva Reddy to get Saraswati Samman
- Telugu poet K Siva Reddy was selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2018 for his collection of poetry titled ‘Pakkaki Ottigilite’.
- The award carries a cash prize of 15 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque. The award was instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- The award is given annually for an outstanding literary work written in any Indian language and published during the last 10 years.
Public Water Agency of the Year
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was awarded the distinction of “Public Water Agency of the Year” by Global Water Intelligence at the Global Water Summit in London.
- The Global Water Awards are presented at the Global Water Summit, the major business conference for the water industry worldwide.
UN World Summit on Information Society Awards
Bengal has won the United Nations World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards. Chief minister Mamata Banerjee wrote on Facebook, “I am very happy to share with you that our “Utkarsh Bangla” and “Sabooj Sathi” projects have won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards under the aegis of the United Nations,”.
United Nations Population Fund Issued Report on Population
- India’s population grew at an average annual rate of 1.2% between 2010 and 2019 to 1.36 billion, more than double the annual growth rate of China, according to a report by the United Nations Population Fund (UNPFA).
- India’s population in 2019 stood at 1.36 billion, growing from 942.2 million in 1994. In comparison, China’s population stood at 1.42 billion in 2019, growing from 1.23 billion in 1994.
Agreement between SBI and PAISALO Digital Limited
- PAISALO Digital Limited signed the first co-origination loan agreement with State Bank of India, the first agreement of its kind in the country that State Bank of India has signed.
- Introducing a platform for the last mile customer, the loan ticket is designed at Rs 10,000 to 2 lakh. PAISALO Digital Limited is a leading systemically important non-deposit taking NBFC registered with the Reserve Bank of India, in operations since 1992.
Vikram Nath appointed as first chief justice of new Andhra Pradesh HC
- Justice Vikram Nath, the senior most judge of Allahabad High Court, was appointed as the first Chief Justice of the newly-constituted Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- The Collegium of Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi recommended the name of Justice Vikram Nath.