Blog Single Post
9th April current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
Category : Current Affairs
Indian Army Gets Dhanush Artillery Gun at Gun Carriage Factory ,jabalpur.
- The Indian Army received its first batch of Dhanush artillery guns a formal function organised at Gun Carriage Factory ,Jabalpur.
- The Dhanush gun system is based on Bofors acquired in the 1980s and whose purchase was mired in controversy because of alleged corruption.
- It will be deployed along India’s borders with Pakistan and China .
The Dhanush with a calibre of 155x45mm is classified as ‘medium artillery’. The medium regiments of the Indian army’s artillery arm consist of guns of this calibre and of 130mm calibre.
- Dhanush is a new generation towed artillery gun with major upgraded features over the existing 155/39 cal. FH 77 B02 gun.
The Supreme Court Say no to interfere in the release of Modi biopic
- The Supreme Court Say no to intervene in the release of movie Prime Minister Narendra Modi, allegedly a “blatant propaganda dressed up as art in violation of the Model Code of Conduct for the coming elections.”
- Director of movie :- Omung kumar.
- Story by Sandip singh.
IIT-Madras Tops According to Human Resources Development national ranking of institutes
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras topped the rankings while the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore bagged the second rank followed by IIT-Delhi.
- Out of ten top institutes, seven are IITs. Jawaharlal Nehru University got the seventh rank and Banaras Hindu University bagged the tenth spot.
- AIIMS has been ranked first among medical sciences institutes and National Law School, Bangalore has topped law colleges.
- The President said that the ranking system fosters a spirit of healthy competition between institutions .
Kirstjen Nielsen resigns as US secretary of Homeland Security
- Kirstjen Nielsen, the homeland security secretary, resigned on Sunday after meeting with President Trump, ending a tumultuous tenure in charge of the border security agency that had made her the target of the president’s criticism
- Kevin McAleenan, the current US Customs and Border Protection commissioner, will become acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Maldives opposition candidate Ibrahim Mohamed Solih get victory in high-stakes presidential election
- Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih’s party declared a sweeping parliamentary election victory Sunday that could give him a free hand in efforts to restore political freedoms and tackle corruption.
- Incumbent President Abdulla Yameen, who has been accused of cracking down on dissent and jailing opposition leaders, has not officially conceded.
Graham Reid Became new Indian men’s hockey team chief coach
- Hockey India has appointed Australian Graham Reid as the coach of the Indian men’s team. But will Reid, who is the 26th coach India have had in the last 25 years, be given enough time to implement his style on the team.
- Mr Reid has been appointed for 1 year tenure and According to their performance tenure can be extended.