Blog Single Post
6th April Current Affairsby utkarsh dixit
Category : Current Affairs
Nagaland: 4,707 Konyak women dance to set world record
- Over 4,700 Konyak women(Naga tribes) clad in traditional attire grooved in rhythm to a traditional number during last day of the three-day long Aoleng Mini Hornbill Festival in Mon town on Friday. Organised under the theme, ‘Empowering women for cultural heritage ‘.
- The attempt was to create the ‘largest Konyak traditional dance‘ and enter the hallowed portals of the Guinness World Records.
Vikram Kirloskar is Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) new chief
- Vikram Kirloskar, CMD of Kirloskar Systems Ltd., and vice-chairman of Toyota-Kirloskar Motor, Appointed as president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2019-20.
- He takes over from Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vicechairman, Bharti Enterprises. Uday Kotak, founder and MD & CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, is the president designate of CII for 2019-20
Lakshmi Vilas Bank board approves merger with Indiabulls Housing Finance
- The board of LVB has approved the private sector lender’s merger with India bulls Housing Finance, the companies said in separate stock exchange filings on Friday .
- The new entity will be known as India bulls Lakshmi Vilas Bank and The merged entity will be “amongst the top eight private banks in India by size and profitability”, with a net worth of Rs 19,472 crore, a loan book of Rs 1.23 lakh crore, and a combined workforce of 14,302 employees.
- The merged entity will have Rs 17,000 crore of cash to be put in SLR, CRR requirements. At this point in time, entity is sitting on Rs 27,512 crore, which is more than the required cash.
BOI to deprive 25% in Star Union Dai-ichi Life for Rs 1,106 crore
- India’s One of the largest PSB Bank of india is planning to sell 25.05% equity stake in japan based star union Dai-ichi life insurance for Rs 1,106 Crore.
- After the stake sale ,Bank of india will hold 3.91% stake in star union Dai-ichi life insurance company.
US Cancel ICC prosecutor’s visa over Afghanistan inquiry
- The US has revoked the visa of the international criminal court’s chief prosecutor in response to her intention to investigate potential war crimes by US soldiers in Afghanistan.
- A statement from the office of Fatou Bensouda , a Gambian national, said she would continue to Obey her duties for the court, in The Hague, “without fear or favour” and that she would continue to travel to the US. She has not been restricted from visiting the UN headquarters in New York
David Malpass defies doubts to secure World Bank presidency
- David Malpass has got approval from the World Bank’s board as the 13th president of the Washington-based multilateral lender, after a low-profile campaign with no competition.
- The World Bank said on Friday that it had unanimously selected Mr Malpass for a five-year term to start April 9.
- Key Point:- *World bank can provide long term loan to member countries for Development . *total member countries :-189 *Last member :- Nauru
Keshav Murugesh is Appointed as Nasscom chairman
- Nasscom on Friday said it had appointed WNS Global Services Group CEO Keshav Murugesh as its chairman for 2019-20. He takes over from his previous role as vice chairman of Nasscom, succeeding Rishad Premji ( Wipro chief strategy officer and board member ), a statement said.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation .
- Head quarter :-NOIDA,uttar pradesh